Friday, August 3, 2007

Long Lost Roll Of Film




Way back in the depths of my art school tacklebox (purchased in 1988), underneath crumbled sticks of charcoal and colored pencil shavings, I found a dirty old roll of film.

The film was 110 speed, in the casing shaped like a pair of eyeglasses.

The film has been developed, and the sadly, the results were extremely grainy. Most of the pictures were of a black family I didn't recognize. I suspect they were pictures taken by an old college roommate, but I'm not sure. Two of the pictures were of The Griz in 1986, at the age of 17 or 18. In those days, white "Wilson" shirts, unbelted jeans, and arctic white athletic shoes were all the rage.

Another is of my mom (on the right) and a friend, Miss Juanita.

Even the act of developing film these days seems antiquated, but still, it's strange seeing 20 year old pictures of one's self for the first time. Special thanks to Larry McBrier for developing the film.

No comments: