Thursday, October 9, 2008

McCain & Keating: Another Embarrassment


Forever tainted by his dealings with Charles Keating, John McCain enlisted another Keating, former Oklahoma governor Frank Keating, to attack rival Barack Obama ("that one!").

Though the brave hero McCain didn't dare confront Obama man-to-man during their second presidential debate, Keating suffers no such compunctions:

"He ought to admit," Keating said, "'You know, I've got to be honest with you. I was a guy of the street. I was way to the left. I used cocaine. I voted liberally, but I'm back at the center.'"

"A guy of the street?" What's that supposed to mean?

Obama edited the Harvard Law Review. He was a professor at The University of Chicago. He's the only African-American in the U.S. Senate. Does that sound like "a guy of the street?"

Keating, as McCain's surrogate, is simply reminding racist whites that all black men, even preternaturally gifted and talented black men, are amoral, beastly animals that simply cannot be trusted.

For shame, Frank Keating. For shame, John McCain.

1 comment:

johnNokc said...
This comment has been removed by the author.