Thursday, June 26, 2008

Eureka! I've Found It!


For years, I've remembered a gentle guitar melody from a short film that used to air on Sesame Street. The film was about a sunflower in Manhattan, and the melody was so tender and lovely that I've never forgotten it. Until now, I had no idea who wrote the music, so I wasn't sure I'd ever hear it again, and that made me sad.

But thanks to Google, I've found it. It seems I wasn't the only little kid that was moved by this piece:

On 17 August 2006 (06:19 PM), San said:
I don't know the episode
But it was like 25 yrs or more ago
The scene was a sunflower on a flower pot
sitting on the ledge of a balcony
just after the rain.
There is a solo nylon/classical guitar playing on the background

Does anybody know the title of the song played?
Any in fo is appreciated pls post the answer.


Someone wrote back and answered, "It's Vivaldi’s Concerto for lute, 2 violins and continuo in D Major, II - Largo."

I found the clip on YouTube and had a bit of a cry.

The film is still beautiful to me.

No comments: